Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bummer!

Well, the house deal fell through. The inspector came and told us that the roof needed to be replaced because it had a layer of wood shingles and two layers of composition shingles on top of that. It was causing the roof to sag in some areas and he said most insurance companies would not insure it. The estimated cost was from $6000-$10000 to replace. The seller would not agree to fix it, or even agree to a lower price, so we walked away. Bummer! We will keep looking.

The boys were great Thursday night. Eli slept all night which, would have been great, but I kept waking up thinking that couldn't be normal. I had to keep checking to see if he was breathing. We went to the zoo the next day with our friends Tiffany and Isabelle. It was a beautiful afternoon. The brown bears were wrestling in the water. Most of the animals were out so it was worth the trip. Isn't it sad when you go to the zoo and don't get to see anything except the birds which are always out?!!

Thanks to Craigslist, which I love, we got a really nice infant carrier and base for twenty bucks yesterday. It's in great shape! It's khaki and black so it can go either way!!! Now we are on the lookout for a decent stroller. I'm a big fan of being thrifty, and if I don't have to buy expensive new stuff it will be great since diapers aren't cheap and you go through a billion in one day! I know we can register for stuff, but most people can't buy someone a stroller combo for $150-200 unless they are a grandparent or something like that. So we will be as thrifty as possible. If anyone wants to loan hand-me downs or give them that is much appreciated. It will be easier to plan once we know what gender this kid is. My friend Heather from Dr H's office has a verse on her blog that I love! "I am your creator. You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2 I am thinking about putting that on the wall in the baby's room. Thanks Heather for the verse!!!

I go to the doctor tomorrow and then we will schedule the ultrasound!! Hooray! I will post the date of the great reveal (if baby dwayne cooperates). For now, baby will continue to be called "dwayne." We have names picked but I'm not sharing them yet!

2 comments:

The Merrell's said...

Glad you like the verse!!! It's our favorite!!! We miss you!!!!

The Anderson Zoo said...

Hey!!!! When you know what you are having I might have some baby stuff up in the attic. I'll have to check. We have a stroller you can have if you want it but it is blue & yellow. We have had it since Christopher. You can look at it the next time you come over if you want.

About Me

My photo
I am married to very creative and imaginative husband. Our first child is on the way, and we can't wait. We love Oklahoma dearly. This chronicles our journey through life, the good and bad, funny and sad, exciting and new.