Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Job

We found out yesterday that Justin now has no job. The happenings are not important, just know that Justin was not treated fairly. He is very down, feels like it is his fault (which it is not) and is very burdened about the future. We have a baby coming in 4 months, a new house, and he needs a job very quickly. He has spoken with his previous employer the one he had before we went to Oregon, and he feels very strongly that he will get to go back, but it is not set in stone, so there is still that sense of urgency that he needs to find a job. I'm not really worried about the money, I think we have enough support from family. It's the fact that I can't do anything to make him feel better about the situation or about himself. I don't know how to encourage him enough or in a way that lifts him up. I can only love him, and tell him I trust him. I know he will get a job, even if it's working minimum wage for a while. I just want him to know his value doesn't lie in what job he has, or how much money he makes, but in his character and how he walks with the Lord. He is learning and growing so much, and disheartening things always seem to happen just when everything seems to be going in the right direction. I don't want him to lose faith. Please pray for provision, encouragement, faith, and rest. Thanks.

1 comment:

The Anderson Zoo said...

Well, when God chose you for Justin He equipped you to give him the advice, encouragement & love that he would need. Just pray & ask God to show you how to encourage him. You will be surprised at the little things God will bring to your mind. Just trust Him. You are a great wife & God knows your heart.

Hope you have a great week.

About Me

My photo
I am married to very creative and imaginative husband. Our first child is on the way, and we can't wait. We love Oklahoma dearly. This chronicles our journey through life, the good and bad, funny and sad, exciting and new.